Personal information collection
EconoServices may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website;
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website;
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services; and
- any other information that you send to EconoServices.
Using personal information EconoServices may use your personal information to:
- personalise the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services; and
- send you marketing communications.
Where EconoServices discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, EconoServices may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Other websites This website contains links to other websites. EconoServices is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Protection of Personal Information Data Protection.
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (“POPIA”)(“Personal Information”) or (“PI”) shall mean the definition as given in the POPIA Chapter 1, Section 1.
1.1. “divulging party” – the party disclosing confidential information to the other in terms of this agreement;
1.2. “receiving party” – the party receiving confidential information from the divulging party;
1.3. “the parties” – EconoServices (Pty) Ltd and the receiving or divulging party.
- The Parties may come into contact or have access to Personal Information and other information that may be classified or deemed as private or confidential and for which the other Party is responsible. Such Personal Information may also be deemed or considered as private and confidential as it relates to any third party who may be directly or indirectly associated with these General Terms. Further, it is acknowledged and agreed by the Parties, that they have the necessary consent to share or disclose the Personal Information and that the information may have value.
- The Parties agree that they will at all times comply with POPIA’s Regulations and Codes of Conduct and that they shall only collect, use and process Personal Information it comes into contact with pursuant to these General Terms in a lawful manner, and only to the extent required to execute the services, or to provide the Goods and to perform their respective obligations in terms of these General Terms.
- The Parties agree that it shall put in place, and at all times maintain, appropriate physical, technological and contractual security measures to ensure the protection and confidentiality of Personal Information that it, or its employees, its contractors or other authorised individuals come into contact with pursuant to these General Terms.
- Unless so required by law, the Parties agree that it shall not disclose any Personal Information as defined in POPIA to any third party without the prior written consent of the other Party, and notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, shall any party in no manner whatsoever transfer any Personal Information out of the Republic of South Africa.